Physical Activity Improves Your Quality of Life
Staying physically active is one of the best things you can do to keep your general health good and your quality of life high. Experts recommend that you get at least 30 minutes of exercise at least five days a week. If that is not possible, you can also get a great deal of benefit from three 10 minute periods of activity split up throughout a day. People who exercise regularly live longer, feel better, sleep better and are ill less often than people who are sedentary. Additionally, exercise enhances the effectiveness of any weight loss program.
One example of an easy but effective exercise regimen is taking a brisk thirty minute walk five times a week. The many walking trails here in Bakersfield are a great place to get out and get more active. Among the many benefits you can derive by getting more exercise:
- People who exercise regularly are less prone to depression.
- Those who exercise regularly experience less insomnia.
- Physical activity makes medical weight loss more effective.
- Exercise strengthens the immune system, which leads to lower incidences of heart disease and cancer.
- People who exercise regularly typically have a better self-image and higher self-esteem.
- If you are trying to quit smoking, exercise can help increase your chances of being successful.
- Exercise improves your memory by increasing the blood and oxygen levels in your brain.
- Exercise can lower your blood pressure as effectively as some blood pressure medications.
- Exercise helps relieve tension and improve stress levels.