OPTIFAST Program for Weight Loss in Los Angeles and Bakersfield
The OPTIFAST Program treats the whole person, not just his/her eating habits. Obesity is a complex disease caused by a combination of genetic, environmental and emotional/social factors. It often contributes to the development of a variety of other health problems such as high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. With the help of specially trained health care providers, OPTIFAST treatment addresses the causes of obesity as well as its consequences. Choose OPTIFAST and join more than one million people who have enjoyed the benefits that OPTIFAST can provide.
The benefits of OPTIFAST treatment include:
- First of its kind: OPTIFAST was the first comprehensive formula diet program for weight loss. It remains the gold standard for this type of obesity treatment and is the program that others try to be like.
- Long Term Experience: over one million people treated since 1974.
- Proven Therapy: over 80 studies published in recognized medical journals. 52 lb. average weight loss documented in over 20,000 patients completing the OPTIFAST program.
- Ongoing Support: included both during and after weight loss to help you achieve and maintain success.
- Lasting Success: 5 year follow-up studies show that over 50% of people who complete the OPTIFAST Program are able to keep enough weight off to improve their health long-term.
Full Meal Replacement Weight Loss Program
The well-documented weight loss success of the OPTIFAST® Program is based on the use of a liquid Formula diet. This diet is portion-controlled, calorically precise, nutritionally complete, and has been shown to help people stick to their diet plan.
OPTIFAST shakes, soups and bars take the guess- work out of dieting.
The benefits include:
- High quality, complete nutrition
- Pre-portioned and calorie-controlled servings
- Quick and simple preparation
- Enhanced ability to stick with the diet because no food choices are made.
Although some individuals may be skeptical about following an all Formula diet, most people find this aspect of the treatment to be the easiest part because there are no food choices to be made. Hunger typically goes away after the first week or so. Many patients report they feel more energetic than they have for a long time. This probably is due to more stable blood sugar levels, consumption of a balanced diet, decreased weight, and increased activity level, even though the actual calories consumed are reduced.
Think of the full formula phase of the OPTIFAST program as taking a vacation from food. While on vacation you will lose weight, improve your health, and learn new, healthier eating and activity skills so that when you return to self-prepared foods, you are better equipped to manage your weight long term.
The active weight loss phase is followed by a 4-6 week transition period during which participants gradually add self-prepared foods back to their diets. Participants graduate to a maintenance diet rich in fruits and vegetables, grains and low-fat proteins. During treatment they will have learned techniques to include small amounts of their favorite foods into their new healthy lifestyle.