Sleep is the body’s natural process where it rejuvenates itself. Every 24 hours our body gets a chance to physically and mentally relax during sleep. During this relaxation state all our body’s organs, tissues and cells get a chance to reset and rejuvenate from the previous day’s activities and furthermore optimize itself for the next day’s upcoming functions and stress.
If for any reason an individual’s sleep quantity and quality is not optimal, the individual can have mental and physical slowing. Some of the following symptoms are very common for people whose sleep quality is not optimal:
- Brain fogs throughout the day
- Decreased mental sharpness
- Memory issues
- Decreased physical sharpness
- Morning headaches
- The need for midday naps
- Muscle fatigue and pain
- Sexual problems
- Inability to be productive at work
Sleep Testing in Los Angeles and Santa Monica
How can one sleep quality be tested?
With the advancement of technology and medicine, Delight medical Center can evaluate your sleep and depth. You can perform this test in your own bed at home without any strangers nearby to watch you sleep. There are no probes that attach to your brain as in the traditional sleep test. You only have one finger probe and one nasal cannula that you sleep with. The machine records details of your sleep including your position changes, your oxygen saturation, your heart rate, along with other values which are then calculated by a special software and interpreted by a sleep specialist physician.
What treatments are available at delight medical for my sleep problems?
Depending on what is diagnosed because of your sleep test, the following options are available to be used:
- Nutraceutical or pharmaceuticals by family practice physician
- Sleep apnea mouth guard — personalize to you by our sleep specialist dentist.
- CPAP (full face mask, mouth mask, nasal mask, or nasal pillows) fitted and followed by our CPAP specialists
- Weight Management — by our obesity specialist physician
- If necessary are specialized physicians will three complete blueprint laboratory evaluation searching for other physiological, hormonal or anatomical reasons behind your sleep problems.