Great Ways to Start Your Day
The way you start your day could help determine how you feel for the next several hours. Learn how to get your day started right with these healthy habits.
5 Healthy Ways to Start the Day
- Listen to music. Listening to music while you get ready in the morning can help you create positive energy for the rest of the day. Different types of music can also help motivate you physically or stimulate your mind.
- Stretch in the shower. Stretching helps release tension so that you can start the day feeling more relaxed, and the hot water in the shower loosens your muscles so you can get a good stretch.
- Eat a balanced breakfast. Yes, breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast helps balance your blood sugar levels, which helps prepare you physically and mentally for the day ahead. A cup of coffee might wake you up, but it won’t give your body the fuel it needs to perform. Focus on adding protein and a complex carbohydrate with fiber to your morning meal.
- Have a cup of green tea. Instead of coffee, try starting your day with a warm cup of green tea. It’s loaded with antioxidants and sets a great precedent for the rest of the day of making healthy choices about what you eat and drink.
- Take a morning walk. Walking in the morning can help you sleep better at night, as well as lower your stress levels for the day ahead. And of course, getting a little exercise is always good for your health!