Top 9 Tips to Lose Weight
Losing weight can be difficult. Full meal replacement programs such as the OPTIFAST in Los Angeles can help you to reach your weight loss goal, but it is up to you to make changes in your diet that will help you to keep the weight off long term. Here are ten tips to help you lose weight and keep it off following a medical weight loss program in Los Angeles.
- Make sure you eat breakfast. This is called the most important meal of the day for a reason, and studies have shown that skipping breakfast often leads to weight gain rather than weight loss.
- Make sure you eat your meals regularly throughout the day. Opt for 4-5 small meals instead of three large periods of calorie consumption.
- Consider snacks to be mini meals. Don’t just consume crackers or sweets, make sure your snacks contain a mix of complex carbohydrates, fat and protein.
- When you eat, make sure you take your time. Eating slowly helps keep you from overeating due to not having enough time to register that you are full.
- After you eat dinner, brush your teeth and refrain from eating any more. If you feel hungry, try drinking a no-calorie beverage like water.
- A little planning can go a long way, so plan out what you are going to eat for all your meals and snacks each day. You are less likely to resort to junk food because it is all that is available when you are hungry.
- Keep a food diary to help you figure out when you are most likely to eat unhealthy food or eat when you are not hungry. Take steps to stop this type of eating so you save calories and lose weight.
- Don’t go shopping on an empty stomach, as this can make you more likely to buy unhealthy foods that aren’t on your diet plan.
- Keep all food at the stove or in the kitchen after serving yourself, and take your plate to the table. This will help to minimize the temptation to finish leftovers.