What is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine stems from the word regeneration. Regeneration and rejuvenation of our body’s anatomy and physiology is something that has been ignored by traditional methods of medicine.
Up to this point, medical doctors have been treating patients’ ailments and problems by simply reacting to specific symptoms and having knee-jerk reactions to mask the given problem or symptom that is presented by the patient. This method of practicing medicine works well with some acute process medical problems.
However, when it comes to chronic issues or vague symptoms a physician has to be more comprehensive in the workup of such patients. A “chronic issue” is a problem that has been affecting the patient for a period of more than six months.
The field of regenerative medicine understands that many chronic issues, occur because of the bodies WEAR and TEAR and dys-balancing of the endogenous physiology and hormonal balancing that happens with regular environmental and aging effects that most of us are oblivious about.
What hormones are involved in this process?
There are many hormones that the body’s functions and efficiency and as these hormones decline or go out of balance with age or other environmental factors, an individual starts noticing a decline in how they feel and a decline in their functionality of their daily life. such hormones are usually ignored by most physicians. Yet, there are a big portion of population that have the condition called Hypogonadism (insufficient testosterone production unrelated to age).
Dr. Kerendian’s subspecialty in the field of regenerative medicine allows him to be able to check most of your body’s hormones and be able to treat such deficiencies and keep your body safe from any reported side effects.
The following hormones are all extremely involved in all aspects of our bodies ability to function efficiently on a day by day basis. They all need to be checked for all individuals who have any chronic symptoms which have been un-answered by your primary physician or any other physician.
- Metabolites of Cortisol
- Metabolites of Estrogens
Most symptoms associated with such hormonal dis-balances may include:
- Weight gain
- Sleep problems
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Hot flashes/ night sweats
- Memory issues
- Foggy thinking
- Appetite changes
- Hair thinning/brittle nails
- Loss of motivation
- Loss of ability to carry out regular daily activities
- Decreased sexual desires/interest
- Decreased Sense of Well-Being
- Abdominal bloating or G.I. discomfort
- Joint or musculoskeletal pain
- Inability to handle regular stress of daily life
- Concentration Problems
Critical steps in alleviating the above problems are as follows:
- Ordering appropriate diagnostic laboratory testing such as blood, saliva, urine tests done by specialized laboratories.
- Evaluation of such tests by a specialist physician trained in the field of Bariatric Medicine or Regenerative (anti-aging) medicine.
- Optimizations of the above hormones planned out and executed under the appropriate care of the above physician utilizing high quality bioidentical hormones or nutraceuticals from credible pharmacies.
Dr. Kerendian, a pain management doctor serving Santa Monica, Hollywood, Brentwood, Bakersfield and surrounding areas, has been involved in the appropriate education and training. He also has done extensive research as to the quality and reputation of laboratories and pharmacies that he utilizes to be able to offer his patients above and beyond results to guarantee their optimal health and future happiness.